Monday, October 5, 2009

Shape/Pattern


This is my Element and Principle Design. I was the element shape and the principle of pattern. I used my love for quilting to make a cutting out of a piece of material. The different shapes are symmetrical and placed in an interesting pattern. I used the blue hue along with neutral colors. I tried to interpret shades and tints into my project along with some different textures. I used styro-foam balls and wooden stars along with paper and crayons to finish my work of art.
This project could be a great warm up for students that are learning about principles of design as well as shapes. Younger students probably will not learn about the principles of design but they will need to practice with their shapes. Younger students can use shapes to make a picture, but the teacher would make them use a pattern or explain the use of a pattern to the students. This would be linked to their math or geometry class. Older students will be able to understand the principles of design and be able to create great art pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment